Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Weihnachtsmarkt - 27.11.12

I was really distracted today at work for some reason.  I guess there's a lot going on in my life right now, so there's a lot about which to think, about which that I can't do anything.  I did some tedious code proofreading and formatting that needed to be done anyway, but I couldn't focus enough to debug.  At least I got something done.
I took a few hours this evening and walked around downtown.  It's really pretty.

I brought some pumpkin bread to my German class tonight.  They thought I brought it because of my birthday.  I guess my birthday is coming up, but I had it leftover from Thanksgiving.  It's apparently bad luck to wish someone a happy birthday in Germany before their birthday, but my Latvian classmate had already done the wishing.  Also, I should have thought about this before I brought it, but the bread is halal and vegetarian  so everybody had some.
The class concluded with the teacher asking me a question right at 9:00PM when I had completely zoned out.  I think I need to get away from it all for a few days by doing something completely different, like going  to Italy or something.

I heard two slang words on the way home that I'd heard before.  "Simsen" is the slang verb to send a text message, or SMS (try saying SMS-en) and "Naschi" seems to be a term for junk food, like the verb "naschen".

No comments:

Post a Comment