Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kiel - 25.11.12

Whenever there's a CES devotional, the Hamburg and Neumünster stakes have a combined young single adult sacrament meeting and watch it.  I was picked up and drove with Tibor and the Richters to Kiel.  We went to the institute center there, which is the old ward building.  We had a sacrament meeting then watched the devotional in English upstairs and German downstairs.  Afterwards we all had some chili and talked for a while with people from all over northern Germany.

I heard a good joke today when disputing who lived in a more boring town:
Two farmers were talking one day.  "My farm is 10000 acres," said one.  The other replied, "My farm is so big that it takes two whole days to drive around the edge," to which the first said, "yeah, I used to have a truck like that, too."

On the way home we saw the Kiel Canal which connects the North and Baltic Seas.  Lots of big boats go through it.
When I got home, I helped my roommate translate his curriculum vitae from English into German.  It says that his German isn't as good as his English or Hindi, but it's important to communicate his incredible technical background.  He wrote his masters thesis on LCD manufacturing (not LSD) and has worked on many advanced electronics development projects.
I watched some TV.  I always feel like I'm wasting time when I watch TV, but in this case I'm practicing my German comprehension skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment