Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks - 23.11.12

I started my day by having a sandwich with cheese that is either medium-aged or from the middle ages, I'm not sure which.  "Mittelalter Käse" is somewhat ambiguous.  Oh, and I'm not sure if "eingetragener Verein" means that the members are registered or that the club is registered.  I've been wrong before, believe it or not.
I got on the train and headed to Cologne.  In Hamburg, I realized that I had packed so lightly that I had forgotten to bring anything to do in the train, so I bought a book to read.  I wasn't the only one in the train reading, though.  There was a man reading Mozart sheet music just like I read words or computer code.  He said he was in the Hamburger orchestra.
I got to Cologne and had a few minutes to look around.  I saw that they're building their Christmas market, too!
 I went to visit my friend Oliver and his family who live not far from Cologne.  He had prepared an amazing American Thanksgiving meal that we enjoyed with several other guests.  I was stuffed AND thankful.

1 comment: