Thursday, November 15, 2012

Programming - 15.11.12

Today I finished my training class with IMA.  Everything went well.  At lunchtime I walked around the production floor again with Tobias.  On the door is a sign that says "fotografieren verboten".  It's kind of a bummer that I'm not allowed to photograph some of the coolest things I see.
I learned another cool word.  "Der Ruck".  It's the German word for "jerk".  No, not that kind of jerk.  It's what you ought to think about when you hear the word "jerk": the third derivative of position with respect to time.  Position, velocity, acceleration, jerk.  Position, Geschwindigkeit, Beschleunigung, Ruck.
In other news, another contribution of mine was approved for inclusion in WebKit today, which is in turn included in Chrome and Safari.  And it only took 5 months to go through the review process.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment