Monday, November 26, 2012

Theaterstück - 26.11.12

Today I made some progress at work, but it's hard to debug a big project whose behavior is not well defined.  I'm doing my best, though, and I'm trying to have something working and expandable by the time I'm done in a few weeks.
Afterwards I went to the institute center in Hamburg.  Carsten, one of the young single adults, had written a play which he and some of his friends performed on a stage somewhere in Hamburg 2 weeks ago.  He showed us the highlights tonight.  It was professionally filmed, and a DVD of it is being made, so I was expecting good filmography.  Instead he showed us some clips that his mom had filmed, complete with the occasional camera in front of the video camera to take a picture.  It looked like it was a very good play live, but it was hard to hear in the recording I saw, and I couldn't hear what was going on, but I had the commentary of the playwright.  There were some funny moments, especially when one character kidnapped another.  It's always been Carsten's dream to direct a play, and he wants to do it again next year.  I'm glad I saw this little "promotional event".  I think everyone ought to live their dreams like he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment