Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Here comes the sun - 20.11.12

I saw the sun in Hamburg today!  You desert dwellers may think that's nothing to write home about, but here I am ... writing home about it.  After a typical day at work proofreading German/English/C++, I rode the train to Hamburg and bought a bow tie that I can tie myself.  It was a bit on the pricey side, but I'll probably only buy one in my life.  While I was shopping downtown I saw that they're starting to set up the Weihnachtsmarkt, or Christmas market.  This is about 10 meters tall:
I'm sooooo excited for the Christmas markets.  After I was done with my riotous living I went to my home away from home, the Hamburg library.  I made sure the moon was in the picture:
Here I did the final proofread of my paper, which actually took a few hours.  That's much longer than I thought it would take.  I've spent a long time on the paper, so I feel like a great burden was lifted off my shoulders when I turned it in.  I finished just in time to run upstairs to the Goethe Institut for my class.  We did some sample test exercises, learned about clubs, and practiced formal speaking.  I learned that the abbreviation e.V., which I've seen many times, is short for eingetragener Verein, a club for which you must register.

1 comment: