Sunday, November 18, 2012

Musikabend - 18.11.12

Today at church I met the Bast family.  They're an older couple who live practically across the street from me.  Now I have a ride home from church.  They told me all about their temple mission.  I never thought about it before, but I guess if you spent enough time in the Frankfurt temple, you'd get to know people from all over Europe.
After church I ate a big lunch and took a long nap.  I may or may not have been wearing my suit the whole time.
This evening the Basts took me to the Musikabend at the church.  It's an annual event in Pinneberg kind of like the Jensens' recitals, but with singing, guitar, and cello along with the piano music.  A 10-year-old boy played Rondo a Capriccio about 5 times as fast and as well as I can.  An older gentleman had a tremor so bad that he could hardly hold his music, but when he played one of Chopin's Etudes it seemed to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment