Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Institutionalization - 7.11.12

Today I got my program to the point where I can start testing it.  It's typically bad form to work on a program for several days without testing it, but I've done it before and I'll probably do it again.
After work I went to institute in Hamburg.  Sometimes I wonder why I spend several hours in the train just to go to institute, but the Hamburg institute is really amazing, as most of them are.  Today's topic: what is heaven like?  It's simple theological question, but it's quite hard to answer.
I rode the train back home.  I got home late, but I did some reading in the train about the development of the mathematical definitions of the lunar month (which has nothing to do with the paper I'm writing).  Those Muslims preserved and developed a lot of math through the dark ages.  And I also read about the computer revolution (which fits quite nicely into my paper).

1 comment: