Friday, November 2, 2012

Krank - 2.11.12

I'm still sick. It's just a cold so I'm not going to die, but it's not much fun, either. So while my body fixes itself, I took the day to read and write for my German capstone paper. I got a lot done, but I still have a LONG way to go. I watched the German news for a few minutes with my roommate (that's all he ever does). It seems like the entire eastern United States has been destroyed.

I figured I'd write something interesting, even though it has nothing to do with anything:
In the USA, if you dig a hole straight down, where will it go? China? Nope. The USA is in the northern hemisphere, and if you dig a hole straight down through the center of the earth, it will go through to the southern hemisphere, around Australia. To dig a hole to China, which is also in the northern hemisphere, you would have to dig a diagonal hole a little under 45° down to the north. Don't believe me? Go dig a hole to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment