Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No, I'm not in Lubeck - 14.11.12

This morning I got up early and was picked up by Ralf, who got up even earlier.  We drove down to Lübbecke, a little town by Osnabrück where the furniture manufacturing equipment manufacturer IMA Klessmann has its factory.  We went through some of my training materials all day.  I'm glad I prepared so well.  It's the first technical training I've ever done in German.  My language doesn't seem to be much of a hindrance (I can understand myself, anyways), but it's good to have Ralf dabei.
We took a few breaks, and on one break the engineers I'm training took me on a tour of the factory floor.  It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  There were people making everything from conveyors to robotic milling machines the size of my entire apartment.  Like the VW factory, I think every engineering student ought to see something like that.
At the end of the day, we went to a little Gasthof, where we'll spend the night.  I had a really hammer Jägerschnitzel.  I'm really tired and ready for bed.  A picture cannot adequately portray just how German this place looks and feels, but here's one anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment