Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving - 24.11.12

It turns out my little village, Quickborn, has produced a somewhat famous star.  Mike Krüger was a German comedian/songwriter in the '70s and '80s.  I listened to some of his songs this morning on youtube.  They're fun to listen to.
I think a good metric for the happiness of a year is the number of Thanksgiving dinners enjoyed.  This is a 2-thanksgiving-dinner year.  This afternoon I went to Ralf's house and joined him and his family for their Thanksgiving celebration.  It was somewhat different.  In addition to the usual, Ralf's son's American girlfriend had prepared her family's traditional Thanksgiving chicken noodle soup and a strange jello/cream cheese/whipped cream/pretzel dessert.  It was certainly worth trying.
Sometimes this trip I've been quite lonely, but this weekend I've had a wealth of family inclusion.

I got home, and my Pakistani roommate Hassan had prepared me biryani, a traditional Pakistani dish.  I felt bad, but I don't think there's any way I can fit it in tonight even though it smells so good.  I'll have it for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment