Monday, October 29, 2012

Vorsingen - 27.10.12


I don't think I've ever sung so much in my life.  We pretty much had choir practice all day, except for a few breaks to eat.  I had to try out at noon, and I was actually a little bit nervous, which is quite atypical for me.  I sang "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" from Haydn's Heiligmesse and the first half of "O Magnum Mysterium" by Tomas Luis de Victoria with a soprano, an alto, and a tenor.  Then I sang the melody and bass lines of "Seht, der Herr ist auferstanden", and explained why I am here.  It wasn't so bad since I was quite prepared, but unfortunately not everybody that tried out made it.
My voice hurts.  They try to cram in as much choir practice into one weekend as possible, since people come from all over German-speaking Europe to sing.  Everyone else had already practiced this music one weekend, but I caught on quickly.  The Christmas music we're preparing includes some German and English songs, but most of it is classical Latin.  I spent a good portion of the day singing, "Gloria in excelsis Deo, et in terra pax, pax hominibus, bonae voluntatis.  Laudamus te." et cetera.
Today was the first snow of the year in Frankfurt:

No comments:

Post a Comment