Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gemeinsames Essen - 21.10.12

I rode my bike to church today.  There's something about riding a bike across freshly harvested German fields while wearing a suit, tie, and backpack that feels very familiar.  I'm not sure why.
I did Türdienst during the sacrament at church.  For some reason German wards have priesthood standing at each door during the sacrament.  It feels kind of like I'm guarding the chapel.
The last session of General Conference was broadcast in the middle of the night here, so while the rest of the wards watched the last session, I watched President Monson's speech in Frankfurt with the other people who couldn't go see him in Hamburg last week.
After church, we had a potluck lunch.  The ward from Elmshorn was also in Pinneberg.  There was plenty of yummy homemade German foods.  I brought two round loaves of my pumpkin bread from yesterday in my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment