Monday, October 29, 2012

ProWo - 26.10.12


This morning I awoke in Quickborn as usual, but it was no ordinary day.  First of all, the first frost of the year was on the freshly fallen oak leaves:
I got on the train to Hamburg, and I had almost an hour before my bullet train left, so I went and said hi to Ralf's wife Anke and his son's girlfriend Morganne (a confusing name in German), who was taking a test at the Goethe Institut not far from the train station.  Then off to Frankfurt.  There was a policeman and an older lady in the train with me, and we all talked.  Germans almost never talk to strangers in the train.
I got to Frankfurt and went to the church about 2 hours early.  This weekend is ProWo, Probe Wochenende.  That's what they call the practice weekend for Vocalis, a German-area choir.  It's probably not a coincidence that ProWo is a homonym of Provo, since it was named by a bunch of German mormons.  After a few hours of waiting, people came, we sang, a few of us went to McDonalds, and now I'm going to go to sleep in the little hostel next to the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment