Saturday, October 20, 2012

Planten un Blomen - 20.10.12

Today was probably the most beautiful day I've seen since I got to Hamburg. I slept in, donned my shorts, and rode the train to Hamburg Hbf. My adventure started at the crack of noon. I rode my bike around the city for a few hours and listened to nice music, and what a beautiful city it is:


I listened to some Beatles where they got their start:

I went to the botanical gardens at Planten un Blomen ("plants and flowers" in Plattdeutsch, a park in Hamburg). The first greenhouse was a little rainforest, and each greenhouse was noticeably less humid until the end, where I felt quite at home:

On the long bike ride back, I bough ingredients for pumpkin bread.  I'm pretty sure the recipe comes directly from William Bradford, because it still uses archaic units like "cups" and "teaspoons", but I made a pretty good historical reenactment with my 1 Liter measuring cup:

While it was baking, I actually got started on the long paper I've been procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment