Monday, October 1, 2012

Teetotaling at Oktoberfest - 29.9.12

My Eurorail pass allows me to ride as many trains as I want in a limited number of days, but it doesn't have a limit on how early I can use it.  I got up at 5:00 AM and took a train to Munich.  There aren't many high-speed trains that go through Dresden, so it took a while.  When I got there I walked to the big tall Frauenkirche, then took the train to Oktoberfest.  Never before had I seen so many carnival rides, booths, and drunk Germans wearing silly outfits.  I got a great steak sandwich and got on the train to Stuttgart.
I had the weekend free, so I decided to go see my friend Matthias Weng and his wife.  The missionaries from his ward came over to finish planning the details of their lesson tomorrow, we watched some TV, and now we're going to bed.  He has a really nice couch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment