Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Schleswig-Holstein - 17.10.12

Mail takes 5 days to get from Holland to Hamburg.  It takes 7 days to get from Hamburg to Utah.  Why does it take 22 days to get from Utah to Hamburg?
Today for lunch we had a really good roast with potatoes and gravy, green beans, peas and carrots.  Yum!
I rode my bike home from work.  It took 50 minutes.  I got to see a bit more of Schleswig-Holstein:

There was a guy with a double-barreled shotgun guarding the tractor. I didn't ask him why. Guns are hard to get in Germany, though.
I went to institute this evening. Our teacher is an older gentleman who obviously loves the New Testament. He tells stories as if he is just talking to his grandchildren, and I'm following along in the Bible, and he mentions almost every detail. It's a good class, but it takes a good while to get there and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment