Thursday, October 4, 2012

Politik - 4.10.12

I'm writing my training materials at work in English first, then I'll translate them into German. Ralf said he'd help me with some of the technical translation. That'll be fun. I actually got a lot done.
After work, I watched the presidential debate on youtube. I was quite surprised that about 90% of it was about money. Is there really nothing else going on in America? My friend Pathos made a few appearances: Obama's teacher in Las Vegas with students sitting on the floor and Romney's wife's encounter with a woman with a baby asking for help. I don't think it swayed me either way. I don't feel like I learned anything more about the election.
So I turned to the official Democratic and Republican party platforms and read the introductions. I swear they're identical: America's not doing so hot right now, but with this party we can somehow restore her glory. Oh, and by the way, God. God indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment