Monday, October 15, 2012

To Holland - 10.10.12

This morning I got up early and took a series of trains to Utrecht, The Netherlands.  I passed through Bremen, so now I've been to 15 of the 16 states of Germany.  I haven't been to Sachsen-Anhalt yet.
I walked to the wrong exit in the train station, and finally met Steven Hamoen, one of my colleagues from Holland.  He took me to his office, which happens to be near the LDS church in Utrecht.  He and his coworker DJ showed me some of their development work, including a worldwide natural gas production model that uses the grandchild of a program I wrote in 2008.  It was pretty nifty to see what my work has become.
DJ and I rode bikes through the town to meet his coworker Esther, with whom we went to an Argentinian restaurant and had some steaks.  Then DJ and I biked through the tunnel in the Gothic cathedral tower that is not connected to a cathedral anymore.  History.

No comments:

Post a Comment