Friday, September 21, 2012

Kind of a Boring Day - 21.9.12

Today at work I was trying to set up a mercurial server and while downloading Ubuntu I noticed that Canonical is having a technology conference in Copenhagen in a few weeks. I have that day free and it's only a couple hours away, so what the heck--I'm going! I registered and everything. I'm so excited! Yes, I'm officially a nerd now.
I read a little javascript, had lunch, wrote a little javascript, and went home. Now it's Friday night and I don't have anything to do. I don't know anyone. Those of you who know more than a few people within a couple hundred kilometers should count yourself lucky. But my class in Hamburg starts on Monday, so I'll keep making friends.
I did meet my other roommate, though. He's from Pakistan, so we have quite an international apartment. He seems to prefer speaking English. He works in computer chip design, so maybe we'll talk about the latest in photolithography sometime. He's hardly ever around, though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex! Ben just sent a link to your blog around the office, so I did a quick read. Sounds like quite an adventure. Good luck in school and work! p.s. I don't think it is necessary for you to go to a Cononical conference to assure you a position in nerd-ville. I had to google Cononical to even figure out what you were talking about haha, so as much as I'd like to be considered a "nerd", I've got a ways to go... Cliff

    ReplyDelete