Monday, September 24, 2012

Hamburg - 24.9.12

There's nothing like a good english muffin in the morning spread with butter and rape flower honey, or canola honey as I like to call it.
I worked in Kaltenkirchen again today. Ralf's out of town and he said I could work from home, but I needed to figure out how to set up a mercurial repository server, so I went in and got it working. I answered the business phone when it range once, but it was some question about payment, so I told them just to email Ralf. After lunch I headed to Hamburg. This time I got off the train where there's actually something happening.
I bought some pants and a new wallet, both of which I have been needing for a while. I went to find my class, and it turns out my class starts next Tuesday, which kind of messes up my schedule. I'm going to have to miss a few classes, once for the Winter Simulation conference and once for the Linux/open source conference, but I think it'll be worth it.
In the trains I'm reading a German novel about Carl Friedrich Gauss and Alexander von Humboldt. It's interesting, and it stretches my German understanding skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment