Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gemeinde Pinneberg - 16.9.12

I got up this morning and took the bus to church in Pinneberg. Somehow, there are stops on the same bus right outside of my apartment and right outside the church, so I only have to walk a few steps. I got out of the bus and started walking directly away from the church until I heard someone shouting "Alex!" Somebody knew I was coming. I thought I wouldn't know anyone in my ward, but as it turns out, there's a guy from my mission in my new ward: Tibor Franke. After church, a family invited me over for lunch. The missionaries and a few other people from the ward were there. We had burritos and got to know each other a little better.
When I got home, I decided to take a walk around Quickborn to get to know the area better. I sure am in a little village in the middle of nowhere, but I love it.
The only thing I found that is interesting is a 3500 year old grave hill like the one I saw a few years ago in Glauburg. Believe it or not, it looks like an old little hill. When I got home from my walk I found out that I can still watch the Colbert Report in Germany, which is great news about a great news show.
Work starts tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment