Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nikolaustag - 6.12.12

When I got home yesterday, my shoes were muddy from walking through the snow, so I put them on the balcony.  They were really cold when I walked to the train station this morning.
Last night I stayed up late for an important interview via Skype.  Of course I was in my pajamas during the interview so I could go to bed immediately afterwards, but it was hard to sleep.  This morning I got up and was walking to the train station as the sun rose:
Seeing the sun rise before I get to work means I'm late to work.  It's not much of a problem.  I just worked a little late.  It was dark when I got home, too.  In a few days the sun will only be 13 degrees above the horizon at its zenith.
When I got to work, I had a box of chocolates on my mousepad.  I didn't think much of it:  "Thanks Grubers."  During our lunch conversation, though, I realized that my thanks had been falsely directed:  it's St. Nikolaus' day.  Last night all the children put their shoes outside so he could fill them with chocolate.  Since my shoes were on the balcony instead of on the ground floor, he brought my treats by the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment