Friday, December 7, 2012

Manschettenknöpfe - 7.12.12

I finished my code migration today, which was weeks of work.  After lunch, Ralf and I went and bought a few things for next week.  When we got back, I wrote a function that converts a binary adjacency matrix into a next-vertex-along-the-shortest-path matrix.  It was like eating dessert after a large meal.  I just wish there were a proper term in graph theory to describe it.
I did my laundry this evening to get ready for next week.  Our apartment complex shares laundry machines and driers in the basement.  When I went to put my laundry in the drier, someone had already filled both of them.  I assumed they belonged to the same person, so I put them both into one and put my clothes into the other.  The lady came down to put more money in the electric switch.  I put more money in her switch and tried to explain to her what I had done, but my charades were more effective than my German.  If only I knew Turkish.
The switches turn off at 8:40PM.  I was reading when it turned off.  I heard a click in the next room, and went around the corner to find the timer under a removable cover.  My clothes were dry, though, and I didn't want to mess with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment