Thursday, December 13, 2012

Berlin - 8.12.12

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was too excited.  Today I went to Berlin!
I got up and took the train to Ralf's, where we started our drive to Berlin.  We drove, added some oil, drove, and put our clothes in the hotel.  Then we were free to explore Berlin.
We walked through the Brandenburg Gate.

We Walked up and down the dome of the Bundestag.

We ate currywurst and went to the Checkpoint Charlie museum.  I watched some of Regan's speech at the Brandenburg Gate.  I've heard the quote "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" so many times followed immediately with videos of people with sledge hammers tearing down the wall, I thought the events happened one right after another.  There was actually a good portion of the speech after that quote and a few years of politics before the wall came down.  I guess film juxtaposition isn't always in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment