Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back home - 13.12.12


I just got back home to Quickborn.  It's strange that the number of pageviews on my blog hasn't gone down even though I haven't updated my blog in almost a week.  You're all in a routine you'll have to break in a few weeks when I stop updating.
I started the day by showing Brandon the Berlin subway system.  I last saw him on a bus headed to the airport.  Then I took a train to Wittenberg, which means not only that I visited the last German Bundesland (now I've been to all 16!), but I saw yet another city that claims to be the birthplace of the reformation.  This one has a legitimate claim, though.  I visited the church that had the first German mass, then the bigger Schlosskirche.

There were no theses nailed to the door.  There wasn't even a hole where there used to be a nail:

After I had pulled my suitcase around in the snow enough, I got on a train back to Berlin.  All the trains to Hamburg were delayed or canceled, so I tried going to Hanover, which usually has many trains to Hamburg, but they were all canceled or delayed, too.  I finally got on a train going to Kiel, and got off in Hamburg.  I have no idea what is going on, but it's good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment