Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to Germany - 25.8.12

We started today by landing at the Frankfurt Flughafen after a short and sleepless night flying across the Atlantic.  We went downtown and I bought a cell phone for my stay, and I used it to call the Merstrands, the family we're staying with for the first few nights.  They were at the airport dropping off my friend Jeanette, who is somewhat unexpectedly flying to Provo right now.  She said goodbye and "my family's great!"  So I am now in the bedroom of a family, and the only person I know isn't here.  They are really great, though.  They picked us up from the train stop and drove us to their apartment in the little colony of American embassy workers in Dornbusch.  They told us about the Orgelmeile, a series of organ concerts at various old churches in Frankfurt.  We took naps for a few hours and went and listened to organ music for a few hours while walking around by the Main.  Here's a sample of a song played in the church where Goethe was confirmed.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of laughed when I heard the organ music--it's really very dramatic, isn't it? And so very GERMAN! Thanks for the little mini concert!

    ReplyDelete