Monday, August 27, 2012

Hanau - 26.8.12

The area in which I served the longest as a missionary was Hanau, so it's the area where I know the people the best.  Today we got up early and went to the church in Hanau.  I was very happy to see all of my friends from Hanau.  I played the piano in priesthood meeting even though I'm not very good.  We went to sunday school with the missionaries, one of whom recognized me and remembered my name from when I picked him up from the airport almost 2 years ago.  I was asked to give my testimony in German during sacrament meeting.  After church we went to the Gruenkes' house for lunch, and bishop Gruenke took us on a tour of the old town in Nidderau, which I didn't know existed.  We saw the unlabeled birth house of Rudolphe Lindt.  Yes, that Lindt.  Then we took a train from Hanau to Waechtersbach to visit the Penrods, a family whose son I baptized while a missionary.  He was asleep the whole time I was there, and the father was away, but I'll probably see them again.  We rode a train back to Frankfurt and talked a little with the Merstrands.  It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment