Thursday, August 30, 2012

To Bonn - 27.8.12


This morning we slept in until 10, which was nice because of the jet lag.  Well, I got up at 10 and ate breakfast.  My parents slept in a bit more than I did, but we were off at the early hour of 2PM to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.  I tried to pull more money out at an ATM, but it kept denying me.  After a few calls to Visa, I figured out that I could only withdraw 200 euros at a time.  Then we were off
We rode the ICE train through the beautiful Rhine river valley to Bonn with my parents taking pictures of the castles, vineyards, and the Lorelei cliffs.  We dropped our luggage off at a bed and breakfast, and went to Troisdorf to visit my friend Oliver Cabalo.  He and his wife had a baby since I last saw them.  We had a lovely German dinner at his house: smoked meats, cheeses, salami, various dark breads, and cherry-hibiscus juice.  Then back to Bonn to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment