Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bonn - 28.8.12

We got up and had a good continental breakfast with cheese, meat, bread, yogurt, and a boiled egg.  Then we went to Bonn Hauptbahnhof and bought train tickets to London for tomorrow.  They were about 500 euros for the three of us, which is the most I have ever spent on train tickets.  Then we walked around Bonn for a while and saw the German history museum and Beethoven's house.  We went had my parents' first dönner.  I was looking out the Strassenbahn and saw a woman I recognized, so we got out.  It was my friend Sunny!  We ran into her just by coincidence in a part of town where she didn't live.
At dinner time I was so hungry I could eat a horse, so that's exactly what I did.  As a missionary I went past a sign in Beuel advertizing grilled horse many times and always wanted to try it, so I brought my parents to the restaurant and ordered a traditional Rhineland horse steak.  My parents ordered "normal" food, but mine was extraordinary.  It was probably a young horse, too, so whenever I hear a little girl say "I want a pony" I can say, "I do too ... with rasins and almonds on top."

No comments:

Post a Comment